Wednesday, February 3, 2016
two shows, July 1st and 2nd, at the East Troy venue known for some of the best shows in Midwest. This is the first show announcement for Alpine, with more to follow.
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Tickets for the show are on sale this week. This is the third concert announcement for the outdoor music venue.
Jimmy Buffett is more than a musician. He’s built an empire that has made one of the richest musicians in America. It’s been two years since he’s released an album, and that one was titled “Songs from St. Somewhere.” The titles of the album lead people to believe that he’s still mining the same “gold” from decades past. “Something ‘Bout a Boat, Einstein Was a Surfer, Too Drunk to Karaoke, Tides, The Oldest Surfer on the Beach” are built on well worn themes that Buffett seems to enjoy. Prior to Songs from St. Somewhere, he released three live albums. In fact, seven of the last Buffett albums released were live albums. That’s not to imply that Mr. Buffett is resting on his musical laurels. He’s just been very busy building restaurants, casinos, hotels, and vacation destinations.
Jimmy Buffett Hotels
Jimmy Buffett has turned “Margaritaville” into a destination. He’s got Pigeon Forge Hotel in the Smokey Mountains, and that hotel looks pretty amazing. The Hollywood Beach Resort Hotel in Florida plans to open in the summer of 2015. It won’t be the biggest hotel in the area, but it’s certainly going to dwarf its neighbors. His Pensacola Beach resort was once a Holiday Inn. Hurricane Ivan destroyed that hotel, but Buffett is hoping for better luck.
Jimmy Buffett Restaurants
There are 28 Margaritaville restaurants at this time. It all started thirty years ago when Buffett opened one location in Key West. Half of the 28 locations are owned by a company from Brazil, and they plan to expand the chain in the United States.
It seems like a fan could completely immerse themselves into a Buffett themed life, staying at his hotels, eating his food, and listening to his music. To think that they could live the party lifestyle is probably a dream come true for some “Parrotheads.”
Buffett the Author and Best Seller
With seemingly endless energy, Buffett has also penned a few books in his day. His devoted fans have pushed his three books to the best seller list. “Tales from Margaritaville” spent months on top, followed up with A Pirate Looks at Fifty, a effort of non-fiction that covers the days surrounding his milestone fiftieth birthday.
Friday, March 20, 2015
The Phish 2015 tour dates include a two night stop at Alpine Valley. The band will embark on the tour during the second half of the summer, starting with a tour date in Bend, Oregon. Trey Anastasio will be joining the remaining members of the Grateful Dead for their reunion shows in early July, and that might explain why the tour starts almost three weeks after that weekend of shows. Phish is on their 31st year of making music, supporting their catalog of twelve albums. When will Phish make it to East Troy? Their Wisconsin dates are August 8th and 9th.
Phish 2015 Tour Dates
- July 21 - Bend, Ore., Les Schwab Amphitheater
- July 22 - Bend, Ore., Les Schwab Amphitheater
- July 24 - Mountain View, Calif., Shoreline Amphitheatre
- July 25 - Inglewood, Calif., Forum
- July 28 - Austin, Texas, Austin360 Amphitheater
- July 29 - Grand Prairie, Texas, Verizon Theatre At Grand Prairie
- July 31 - Atlanta, Ga., Aaron's Amphitheatre At Lakewood
- Aug. 1 - Atlanta, Ga., Aaron's Amphitheatre At Lakewood
- Aug. 2 - Tuscaloosa, Ala., Tuscaloosa Amphitheater
- Aug. 4 - Nashville, Tenn., Riverfront Park
- Aug. 5 - Kansas City, Mo., Starlight Theatre
- Aug. 7 - Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Blossom Music Center
- Aug. 8 - East Troy, Wis., Alpine Valley Music Theatre
- Aug. 9 - East Troy, Wis., Alpine Valley Music Theatre
- Aug. 11 - Philadelphia, Pa., Mann Center for Performing Arts
- Aug. 12 - Philadelphia, Pa., Mann Center for Performing Arts
- Aug. 14 - Raleigh, N.C., Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
- Aug. 15 - Columbia, Md., Merriweather Post Pavilion
- Aug. 16 - Columbia, Md., Merriweather Post Pavilion
- Aug. 21 - Watkins Glen, N.Y., Watkins Glen International
- Aug. 22 - Watkins Glen, N.Y., Watkins Glen International
- Aug. 23 - Watkins Glen, N.Y., Watkins Glen International
- Sept. 4 - Commerce City, Colo., Dick's Sporting Goods Park
- Sept. 5 - Commerce City, Colo., Dick's Sporting Goods Park
- Sept. 6 - Commerce City, Colo., Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Monday, January 26, 2015
Dave Matthews Band will return to Alpine Valley Music Theater this summer. The iconic group broke tradition in 2014, choosing to play at the Summerfest Marcus Amphitheater, in lieu of their nearly annual gig at one of Wisconsin’s premier music venues. It was the band's first show at the lakeside grounds in Milwaukee in 15 years, and the first time since 2001 that they did not play at Alpine.
This year, Dave Matthews Band has revealed that it will return to what front man Dave Matthews has called one of his favorite venues to play. The group will perform on July 25 and July 26 at Alpine Valley, a date that does not conflict with Summerfest, leaving open a possibility that the band may also play there in 2015.
The announcement of Dave Matthews Band return to Alpine Valley was coupled with news of fellow arena-rockers Mötley Crüe's return to Wisconsin this summer. The metal band's brand of party rock will come to the BMO Harris Bradley Center on August 7.
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Last Minute Kiss Ticket Deals For Alpine Valley - August 15
If you are going to use a ticket broker for your seats, we recommend going with a reputable company that is based in Wisconsin. Check these folks out for KISS tickets. You can try your luck with the usual broker sites, but they might not get you your tickets on time. The show is just one day away, so we suggest that you use the "E-ticket" delivery option. The box office might still have a few tickets left, in sections that are far from the stage, but if you are just looking to get into the venue, that might be your best option. Be sure to allow yourself a lot of time to head out of the venue at the end of the night. Traffic is notoriously bad, if you stay for the encore. Enjoy the show Kiss fans!